[OpenSER-Users] rtpproxy with openser and asterisk

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jun 24 16:10:56 CEST 2008

El Miércoles, 18 de Junio de 2008, Martin-Gruber.External at infineon.com
escribió:
> hi guys,
>
> I have the following scenario. I want to use Asterisk as voicemailserver,
> but need an rtp-Proxy because the my phone speaks srtp. I get SIP-Message
> from an PBX to openser and RTP Proxy. My question now is, how I can handle
> this case or how I can forward from rtpproxy to asterisk? just with
> rewritehostport?

Hi Martin, you have repeat exactly the already answered question.

First: RtpProxy doesn't handle SIP signalling so when you say "I get
SIP-Message from an PBX to openser and RTP Proxy" that is incorrect.

Second: Asterisk doesn't handle SRTP and SRTP is end to end, like RTP, so a
RTP proxy can do nothing (think in it as a UDP proxy in fact).

In conclusion: you can speack SRTP with Asterisk since Asterisk doesnt'
support it and you cannot use a RtpProxy as intermediary for that purpose.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo