[Serusers] iptel.org: where do you go: SLAMP and "SIP Akamai"

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Sun Jul 6 18:23:06 CEST 2008

Valentin Rosic wrote:
> Jiri Kuthan wrote:
>  > Hello all,
>  > ...
>  > ai1
>  > ----
>  > * Features
>  >    All-in-one is an attempt to bring all related packages on a single
>  > box using a simple installation procedure. The metapackage includes SER,
>  > SEMS, SERWEB, SER_CTL. It is in its very early stage, so please help by
>  > testing it.
>  >
>  > * Requirements
>  >    debian. There is currently no other system supported.
>  >
>  > * To use it:
>  >    - put the iptel.org debian package repository in your source.list:
>  >      deb http://ftp.iptel.org/debian etch main cvs
>  >    - update package list and repositories:
>  >      apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
>  >    - set appropriate reconfiguration level to *medium*
>  >      dpkg-reconfigure
>  >    - install ai1
>  >      apt-get install ai1
>

> hello,
> I would like to congratulate You for ai1 idea - I think It's great for
> regular user to have ability to install ser via apt-get packet manager.

Just to make sure folks credits go to the right place: Pavel has done
lot of the actual work, and the suggestions to do this have been
circulating on serusers since quite a while.

> But, I have question: will experimental modules be available via
> apt-get? I see that there are only standard modules available.
> I'm interested in presence and would like to use it in my ser.cfg - can
> I just compile it and copy it to /usr/lib/ser/modules/ ?

Currently it does not support presence. I think that a workable choice
would be to have a "presence SER" as separate instance, optionally
linked to ai1. But what you are suggested should work well enough for a
more tightly integrated version too.

-jiri