[OpenSER-Users] openser + mysql clusters

Sajith T S sajith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:00:55 CEST 2008

Stanisław Pitucha <stanis at gradwell.net> wrote:

> It's a feature and it's in the first sentence of cluster overview:
> "... enables clustering of in-memory databases" ;)
> Gotchas:
> - don't bother with 5.0 - it's got strange issues
> - 5.1.23 was the last version of 5.1.X with ndb. Now you have to
>   compile carrier grade edition from source.

[..]

Thank you so much for these advises, they are so valuable.  Another
"gotcha" (well, not really a gotcha...) is that you need to re-create
a schema on all other nodes in order to make it "visible" across the
cluster.

This is mentioned in mysql official documentation, but not in the
quickstart kind of guides I went through.  Spent quite a bit of time
on this, pulling my hair... until I chanced upon the official
documentation and felt all embarassed.

Thanks,
Sajith.
--
"the lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."
     	         -- Chaucer.