[Serusers] SIP Express Bundle - let's get started

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.de
Tue Jan 22 17:39:28 CET 2008

Hello,

what I didn't really get yet: will the bundle be produced from binary
packages for the bundle components (ser, serweb, sems) or will it be
built from source by scripts?

In the case of binary packages, the next step on SEMS side would be to
produce some binary packages - unfortunately I have experience with
debian packages only.

A script that gets, compiles and installs SEMS needed components is a
matter of ~15 lines.

Stefan

Greger V. Teigre wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> Good to hear :-)
> Unfortunately, nobody has stepped forward as a coordinator for the
> bundle project yet. I have tried to write up everything I have received
> so far in order to make it easy to get started.  Unless somebody steps
> forward and just starts doing something that people can add to, I
> believe we need somebody to coordinate the tasks.
> AFAIU, we have a couple of people with vmware centos image experience,
> and we have some people who have volunteered to do some testing. So,
> first step would be to get a base, maintainable centos image in place,
> then somebody needs to volunteer doing and documenting the actual
> installation, as well as identifying the gaps in terms of scripts,
> configuration files, etc.
> g-)
>
> Mike Trest - Personal wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The holidays and the new year work load seems to have taken all my time.
>> Anyway,  next week, I should be clear of regulatory filings and
>> paperwork.
>> That should give me time to resume building stand alone SER to test
>> prototype
>> of the SER Express Bundle.
>>
>> Any first-draft materials from anyone yet?
>>
>> ..mike..

Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services

stefan.sayer at iptego.de