[OpenSER-Users] Problem with "uac_replace_from()" and Linksys PAP: "vsf" parameter in Record-Route

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Thu Jan 3 12:58:22 CET 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008 12:36:24 Jesus Rodriguez wrote:
> Hola Iñaki,
>
> > The problem is that this "200 OK" from OpenSer to Linksys PAP is not
> > recognized by Linksys PAP
> > who doesn't reply with an ACK (just ignores the "200 OK"), so the
> > "200 OK" is resent again
> > and again by Asterisk.
> >
> > This issue just occurs with the Linksys PAP:
> >  Product Name:  PAP2-NA
> >  Software Version:  2.0.12(LS)  Hardware Version:  0.03.4
>
> I would recommend to upgrade the firmware version of the PAP2. Version
> 2.0.12 is a pretty old.

Yes, I upgraded to 3.1.22(LS) and the issue has dissapeared.

Anyway it scares me a little if some UAC don't allow certains parameters as:
  vsf=AAAAAAAAAB8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEBvcGVuc2VyLmlsaW1pdC5lcw--

Maybe Linksys with old firmware didn't accepted that parameter because it's
very long. Other parameters as "dialog" were allowed in Record-Route header.

Obviosly it's a bug in Linksys, but hope it doesn't occur in other common
UACs.

Thank a lot ;)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo