[Serusers] OpenSER summit at VONX Spring 2008

Greger Viken Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Feb 27 12:42:32 CET 2008

I know many SER users also use OpenSER in combination with SER. Indeed,
I see also quite a lot of confusion with people asking OpenSER questions
on the SER mailing list... So, not to add to the confusion: OpenSER is a
fork of the original SIP Express Router project, where OpenSER and SER
code bases started  to diverge at that point.  It was only the SIP proxy
of iptel.org that was forked, thus: SEMS, SERWeb, and sipsak are still
iptel.org only projects with no forks (rtpproxy.org, formerly loosely
coupled with iptel.org project has now its own home: http://rtpproxy.org).

So, with that clarification, some seruser subscribers may find the below
announcement of interest. I forward it on the request of Bogdan, one of
the maintainers of OpenSER.
g-)

The second edition of OpenSER Summit will take place in San Jose, USA ,
on the 17th of March, 2008, during VonX Spring 2008 pre-conference
events. This is the first US edition of the OpenSER Summit - to learn
more about the agenda and layout of the event, see
http://www.openser.org/mos/view/OpenSER-Summit-2008.

All participants to register via OpenSER site before Friday, March 7th,
will get free access to the OpenSER event.

This OpenSER Summit edition is sponsored by a parallel OpenSER related
event, the OpenSER Pavilion . The pavilion is a common exhibiting area -
booth 1027, inside VoN expo, gathering, under the OpenSER name, six
different companies working or using the project. You can find more
about the OpenSER Pavilion and its participants here -
http://www.openser.org/mos/view/OpenSER-Pavilion-2008.

The dual event, OpenSER Summit & Pavilion is new concept of a more
complex event, aiming to create a larger diversity and to give more
power to the understanding of the OpenSER project.