[OpenSER-Users] User Documentation - request for participation

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Feb 27 11:16:19 CET 2008

Hello all,

its a well know fact that there exists some issues with the OpenSER
documentation, for some parts there is almost no documentation available at
all. Existing documentation is sometimes a little bit unstructured or
incomplete. Its hard for new users to understand the configuration of the
server, let alone how they should setup some services. And after he or she
has gone through the basics, its again the same for configuring complex
modules..

During the last IRC meeting we decided to start a new effort to tackle this
problems more efficiently than in the past.

So a new mailling list 'openser-docs' has been created, targeted in improving
and extending the existing documentation, and also create new content, for
example a 'OpenSER Guide'.

As its difficult for many of the existing developers to write user related
documentation, because they're already to deep involved into the project, i
would like to ask here for participation from you.

We're seeking people that are also dissatisfied with the current situation,
and want invest something to improve this. No coding experiences or knowledge
about certain tools or languages are necessary.

So please join us and subscribe at
http://lists.openser.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openser-docs !

Thank you,

Henning