[OpenSER-Users] FreeRADIUS-CDRTool Prepaid Connector 1.1 Released

Dan-Cristian Bogos danb.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:26:16 CET 2008

Andy,

I would say both methods are having disadvantages and advantages.

1. The mediaproxy timeout is a plus if this turns to be stable . I had some
not so good experiences in the past and not really responsive support for my
issues, so I have dropped the idea. I will need to recheck, perhaps the
issues were solved.
2. Yate has no rtp detection, therefore will not detect your dead sessions.
I preferred to use it due to prepaid stuff and automatic header masking
features I told you about.
Accounting issues were discussed and rediscussed over and over on this list,
so I will not pop up the subject again.
I think the best accounting technique would be still the last device which
is in touch with your carrier which charges you, so if you send it to PSTN,
then I would say use accounting provided by your PSTN gateway.

Cheers,
DanB