[OpenSER-Users] RTP-Proxy

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Feb 9 00:40:31 CET 2008

El Domingo, 13 de Enero de 2008, Jeremy McNamara escribió:
> Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> > Freeradius/MediaProxy/CDRTool combination gives your this zero
> > tolerance. CDRs are always correct down to the second regardless of
> > missing BYEs, VAD and other things you have assumed in the previous
> > postings.
>
> Sure.  However, in my experience, there are other ways requires an order
> of magnitude (or 3) less processing power  to acquire accurate billing
> data.
>

> I have tested openser+asterisk very very extensively  -  typically
> maxing out at around 500 simultaneous channels as to not completely
> stress system to its max for 'billing' tests.

But do you mean that OpenSer + Asterisk requires less processing than
OpenSer+MediaProxy+FreeRadius?
Both CDR systems use SIP signailling + RTP detection, so both needs to be in
the audio path.

Maybe you mean other solutions based on SIP Session Timers and so? (of course
not abse on Asterisk... yet XD).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo