[OpenSER-Users] Problem with OpenSER when MySQL database fails

Arturo Díaz Almagro arturo.diaz.almagro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:55:28 CET 2008

Hello all,

Hope anybody could help me. We have a SIP telephony system based on OpenSER
with a redundant MySQL database ring. When the "master" database dies, a
monit process detect it and modify properly the database entry in the DNS
zone file. Two tests can be perform to check the availability of the system
when MySQL crashes:

- kill mysql process in the database host machine. In this case OpenSER asks
the DNS inmediately for the database IP address and the service keeps going
as expected. No problem here.
- shutdown the interface of the machine where mysql is hosted. In this case
OpenSER does not ask the DNS for the new address. It keeps trying over and
over the connection with the master and until the interface is not turn on
the system keeps hung.

So, if the mysql's host interface is shutdown the system hangs but if the
mysql process dies the system works properly. In the first case both
machines (OpenSER and MySQL) has IP visibility, not in the second, so the
problem should be related to that. Has anybody experienced this behaviour?
Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

--
Arturo Díaz