[Kamailio-Users] prepaid system

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:08:51 CET 2008

On 12/28/08 11:50, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Agreed wholeheartedy.
>
> Asterisk is utterly inappropriate for this, as the single underlying
> engine anyhow.

maybe not that spread as Asterisk, but SEMS has an extension for
prepaid. Last meetings with sems developers revealed to me lot of
improvements there. Being sip-focused application, sems might be a good
point to start building b2bua-based applications.

Also, freeswitch is another application, still considered young by
others, but for simple b2bua that I used on it, is just fine.

Happy holidays!
Daniel

> On Dec 28, 2008, at 4:31 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Until you have serious logic and scaling requirements.
>>>

>> This is always the case when someone tries to push an application
>> beyond its purpose. It may work, but not as expected - using a pbx-
>> designed system for carrier grade traffic will end up in scaling
>> issues. Probably if one tries to tailor asterisk and remove the
>> parts not required, will increase the performances, but still, it is
>> a pbx concept behind...
>>
>> Happy holidays!
>> Daniel
>>
>> --