[Kamailio-Users] Using a b2bua as a prepaid box

Luciano Afranllie listas.luafran at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:24:57 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I am experimenting trying to build a prepaid solution using prepaid
extension for RADIUS (IETF draft).

My current test bed is Kamailio as SIP proxy/registrar, asterisk as
PSTN gateway, sippy b2bua and a freeRadius server.

What I am thinking about is to split users in groups (prepaid,
postpaid and suspended, for example) and to send all calls from
prepaid users to the b2bua. The b2bua will have the prepaid client
logic to enforce balance usage and drop calls.

I am new in this area so I will appreciate a lot your feedback about
what is the best way to do this.

- Regarding groups. Is it worth to use radius for this or can I just
use kamailio groups?

- Regarding sending prepaid users calls to b2bua. It is a nice
solution in kamailio to check user group and if it belongs to prepaid
group forward the call to b2bua and b2bua forward the call again to
kamailio in order to make the final routing? How should  I identify
the call has already been sent to the b2bua and is coming again to
kamailio, just using the source host, or there is a better way?

Thanks for your time.

L:uciano