[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] preparing kamailio-1.4.3, planning for 1.5.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:26:04 CET 2008

On 12/05/08 18:05, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Henning Westerholt writes:
>
>  > Already finished features and the roadmap can be found as usual in
>  > our wiki at [2, 3].
>
> in my opinion the roadmap should include normal failure route processing
> of also tcp connect failures.  now it is very bad that script writer
> needs to handle failures in two places in the script depending if udp or
> tcp is used for a particular contact.

It is in my todo lists, but I was pretty busy with other projects.
> also, i would like to see a conclusion regarding local route
> implementation, which was left out by default from 1.4.

Work is undertaken to fix what is possible, the new $T_req(pv) and
$T_rpl(pv) got a similar solution (however, for local route is needed
more than what was done here so far). As we are going to have first the
SIP Router core and then go for full asynchronous mode and contexts (sip
router has already kind of asynchronous processing support already), for
1.5.0 will be a jailed protection against the issues caused by local route.

There is another problem here, with the processes started by MI
transport modules - local route is executed by these processes but they
are not properly initialized, as a sip message worker. Probably another
temporary hack to fix this one as well. Let's see how it gets until we
freeze the code...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com