[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] preparing kamailio-1.4.3, planning for 1.5.0

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 5 19:08:51 CET 2008

Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

 > I already know about the bug when sending a request via TCP gets a DNS error
 > (failure_route is not executed) but I know nothing about two separated
 > failure routes, for UDP and TCP.

i meant different failure handling for an unreachable UA depending of if
the UA uses udp or tcp transport.  this is not limited to dns errors.
you may get ip address of UA from dns ok, but tcp UA simply does not
response.

i want that failure route gets executed if t_relay fails to reach the UA
for any normal non-error reason (no dns response, tcp host unreachable).
in 1.4 it was impossible to write a proper script for tcp case, because
next_contacts() or next_gw() could not be executed in route block.  in
1.5 it would be possible, but the resulting script would look really
awkward.

-- juha