[Kamailio-Users] Question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Aug 15 14:58:45 CEST 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 08/14/08 04:45, Edgar Guadamuz wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm a newbie and I don't know the difference between opensips (where
>> openser.org redirects) and kamailio,
>>

> openser was renamed to kamailio on the 28 July 2008, opensips is a fork
> started on the 4th of August. The person that registered openser.org
> back in 2005 started the fork and redirected openser.org to his project.

it is not about a person, but a company - The company that started
OpenSER project in 2005 and sustained it since than, owns the resources
(domain name) is not going to work with kamilio, but continue the
openser work via the opensips project.
> openser sourceforge project and the rest of the resources are continuing
> with kamailio. In the releases 1.4.x are no differences,
because kamilio 1.4.0 ported (imported) all the fixes from opensips
1.4.0 and 1.4.1 - more than 40 commits imported in 2 days - that is a
performance!
>  depending on
> release policy and bug dicovery, they may have different minor releases,
> but architecture and features are the same.

for now. The difference comes with the future.