[OpenSER-Users] Problem activating auth and auth_db modules using openser 1.3.1

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Apr 1 16:52:01 CEST 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008, Pascal Maugeri wrote:
> Hi
>
> My 1.3.1 server does not start when I activate the modules auth and auth_db
> modules with the following configuration:
>
> loadmodule "auth.so"
> loadmodule "auth_db.so"
> [...]
> modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
> modparam("auth_db", "user_column", "username")
> modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
> modparam("auth_db", "domain_column", "domain")
> modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "mysql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.4
> /openser")
> modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "")
>
> There is no error in the log file but no other module is loaded whenever I
> enable auth and auth_db.

Hi Pascal,

do you also load a database module, e.g. db_mysql? Otherwise it will not work
at all, as you specify a DB URL in the auth_db configuration. If you enable
the debugging (increase the log level in the config) you will get further
hints from the logs where the startup of the server stops.

Cheers,

Henning