[Serusers] pstn example confusion

x-ser at sidell.org x-ser at sidell.org
Sat Sep 29 00:15:25 CEST 2007

I'm working with the gw-pstn.cfg example, and am having a problem with
canceling outbound pstn calls.

The invite step seems to work fine.  Function route[3] checks for a
pstn in the uri, and uses route[5] to route outbound calls to the pstn
gateway.

But, if the originating client cancels the call before it gets
connected, the cancel sip message doesn't go through the same route[3]
-> route[5] processing.  Instead, the processing ends up falling
through to the end of the main route() function, where
lookup("location") fails, because the pstn in the LHS of the uri
doesn't match any known registered local devices.  So, the client gets
a "404" error, and the target pstn keeps ringing.

It seems to me that all messages, not just the invites, need to be
rerouted as they are in route[5], so that they are sent to the pstn
gateway, and aren't processed as if for a local device.

Am I missing something here?  Have I not configured everything
correctly?

--
Mark Sidell
Partner