[Serusers] MeadiaProxy + SER + X-lite in the same Lan.

pistara_bros at tin.it pistara_bros at tin.it
Mon Sep 17 19:05:17 CEST 2007

Hi to all, I'm newbie using SER and need your help.

This is my
testbed:

SER running on 192.168.123.186
MediaProxy running on
192.168.123.186
Client_A X-lite running under WinowsXP on
192.168.123.168
Client_B X-lite running under WinowsXP on
192.168.123.10

I want to route RTP packets between 2 computers in the
same network through Mediaproxy. I know this may have
no sense, but
it's just a test configuration.
The call use_media_proxy() seems to
have no effect,
the RTP packets go directly from one computer to
another.
My guess is mediaproxy makes a test on the IPs (they
are
192.168.147.2 and 192.168.147.3) and refuses to
proxy the call.
Is
mediaproxy working just between different networks
or it's an error in
my configuration file?

But if i use this Enviroment:

SER running on
192.168.123.186
MediaProxy running on 192.168.123.186
Client_A X-lite
running under Linux Fedora on 192.168.123.168
Client_B X-lite running
under WinowsXP on 192.168.123.10

The call use_media_proxy() correctly
and the RTP packets
pass through the mediaproxy, infacty using tools
session.py I see the session active and traffic packet amount.

Why,
with client under Windows, Media proxy doesn't work correctly?
Any
suggestions, please?

Thanks in advance.
Orazio