[OpenSER-Users] Res: Can OpenSER do barge-in?

Sajith T S sajithts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:20:50 CET 2007

Flavio Goncalves wrote:

> For SIP,  Barge-in is covered in the RFC3911 (Join Header). This
> functionality is independent of the Proxy. Is has to be implemented in
> the phone. Currently, I don´t know any phone that has implemented this
> RFC. Pingtel has participated in this RFC, so my best bet is that they
> can have something in this area.

This is a very interesting approach, thank you Flavio.  However at
this point I'm not sure how useful is this solution for my problem.
At least on one side, it's going to be customer equipment over whose
feature set you can have little control.  Peer-to-peer approach
can't fly in this case, I guess.

Regards,
Sajith.