[OpenSER-Users] record_route() for responses

Dan-Cristian Bogos dan.bogos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:39:04 CET 2007

Hi Klaus,

I had a similar issue with the following scenario:
Client -> Openser -> Other Softswitch

The problem was that not only that the Softswitch was  removing the
Record-Route header, but also rewriting it with it's own.

Bellow is a quote from RFC 3261:
"""
12.1.1 UAS behavior

   When a UAS responds to a request with a response that establishes a
   dialog (such as a 2xx to INVITE), the UAS MUST copy all Record-Route
   header field values from the request into the response (including the
   URIs, URI parameters, and any Record-Route header field parameters,
   whether they are known or unknown to the UAS) and MUST maintain the
   order of those values.
"""

So, it is obvious that this was a broken implementation. The only way
I could fix that was using another SBC in front of Openser.

Cheers,
DanB