[Serusers] First steps understanding ser.cfg

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Wed May 30 12:11:38 CEST 2007

The syntax there is a trifle misleading, yes, and does break the rules
somewhat.

However, in this sense, you are correct, 'myself' is indeed the proxy
server itself (and all the domains it handles). What you're saying when
you say:   if(uri==myself) is you're doing a test to see if the uri is
one for which the proxy is, for lack of a better word, authoritative.

If your proxy handles (via aliases) the uris    user at proxy.com,
user at proxyalias1.com, and user at proxyalias2.com, then this line will
check to see if the URI is XXX at proxy.com, XXX at proxyalias1.com, or
XXX at proxyalias2.com and act accordingly.

The reverse test  -- if(uri!=myself) -- does just what you'd expect. Any
uri which the proxy server does not itself handle would pass that test.

N.