[Serusers] First steps understanding ser.cfg

J. Alberto alberto at intermail.es
Wed May 30 10:31:53 CEST 2007

Hello,

I installed SER a few days ago and I am following the document "SER -
Getting Started" to familiarize with SER and understand how it works.

I've managed to run the first "hello world" application as well as including
authentication through mysql. However, understanding ser.cfg has become more
difficult than I thought.

To help understand the main route script, I have inserted into the ser.cfg
script several calls to xlog function to display information. Although the
information displayed is very useful, I don't understand the result of the
following sentence:
                            if (uri!=myself) {
                            }

I mean, uri is the request uri, for intance, sip:1001 at 192.168.1.10, and
'myself' is, according to the document, the sip proxy itself, so it can't be
the same as uri. However, when the main route processes an INVITE message,
the 'if' statement seems to return false because it doesn't execute the
instrucion inside the 'if' block. And that would mean that uri is equal to
'myself'.

I am sure that I don't undertand what the value of 'myself' is......

Thanks in advance