[Serusers] Ser + Asterisk on the same box??

John Breen jbreen at hgait.net.au
Thu May 24 05:14:54 CEST 2007

SIP wrote:
> Your biggest issue, bar none, is using the loopback address for
> anything externally-facing. 127.0.0.1 is called a loopback address for
> a reason -- it never leaves the host itself. Just how do you expect
> the SIP phones to be able to contact a 127.0.0.1 address when that
> address is, in essence, themselves?
>
> There's something inherently flawed in your design.
>
> Let's back up and explain, in detail, what it is exactly you're trying
> to do, and why you feel the 127.0.0.1 address should be part of this
> equation? Perhaps we can suggest something if we know what you're
> trying to do.

There's a very simple reason.  Asterisk and SER are on the same
machine.  So the traffic from SER to asterisk doesn't need to leave the
box.  This is why I'm using the loopback interface - there's no need to
use the real world one.

--
Regards,
John Breen

HGA IT&T Solutions
Tel: 08 63113000
Fax: 08 63113144
http://www.hgait.net.au
Level 9, 256 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, WA 6000
Postal  PO Box 3133 Perth, Adelaide Tce WA 6832

The information in this E-mail is confidential. If you are not the named
& intended recipient, you must not read, use, copy, disclose or disseminate
this E-mail, any attachments or the information contained in this E-mail and
must immediately notify the sender & delete this E-mail immediately. Although
HGA IT&T Solutions believes that this E-mail and any attachments are free of
any virus or other defect which may affect a computer, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. HGA IT&T
Solutions does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in
any way from the use of this E-mail or any attachments.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This is not a SPAM. The SPAM Act 2003 commenced on the 10th April 2004 and
requires consent to the sending of most commercial electronic messages. If
you wish to continue receiving electronic communications from HGA IT&T
Solutions, you do not need to take any action.

If you DO NOT wish to continue receiving electronic communications from HGA
IT&T Solutions please advise us at admin at hgait.net.au and we will update our
records accordingly.