[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] SIP Security and Monitoring tool running on iptel.org

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon May 21 20:50:24 CEST 2007

Hi Tudor,
First of all, let me point out a minor issue, but as there has been (and
obvious still is) a general confusion about it, I feel a need to correct
your reference to "iptel.org staff" (though, don't take this personally):

There is no such thing as iptel.org staff. iptel.org refers to an
open-source community with no paid staff, but with sponsors and lots of
volunteers. However, you may refer to the company iptelorg.com
(http://www.iptelorg.com), now a part of Tekelec Inc.
iptelorg.com/Tekelec is a sponsor of iptel.org in both servers, Internet
access, and development work. (And I also want to point out that the
company Iptego is another of the important sponsors of iptel.org).
iptelorg.com was (unfortunately) named at a point where the difference
didn't seem important.

I find the VSP tool interesting and can clearly see its benefit. I have
seen that others have commented on the tool not being open-source. I see
the statistics for iptel.org free SIP service as interesting in itself
and see no harm in Iptego as a sponsor offering a commercial tool to the
community (and not much difference from other sponsor activities).
Though, I don't think you should expect too much feedback from the
community as long as it is not open-source ;-)

g-)