[Serusers] dns failover

Mário Ferreira mariojvp at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:25:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am interested in using SER DNS failover, but I am getting some problems.

A failure can be a 503 error response, ICMP errors or a timeout due to a not
received response.

Does anyone know if SER is able to detect these failures and then select an
alternative destination for the message?

If the ICMP errors can't be detected, can this be solved with timers?
I turned on use_dns_cache and use_dns_failover, but when the message fails
to be delivered to the first destination,
 SER never tries the second destination, which was configured with DNS SRV.

regards,

Mário Ferreira