[Users] Errors with openserctl

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu May 24 10:49:30 CEST 2007

On Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2007, kiran.bkumar at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new user to openser, and I am trying to install openser to work as a
> presence server with the openims.
>
> Firstly is it possible to use the openser as a presence server.

Hello Kiran,

not sure was exactly your requirements are, but i think the answer is yes.
Look for details to the presence related module dokumentation in the openser
wiki.

> Secondly, I am getting the below error when I try to run the openserctl.
>
> [root at mkd149633 scripts]# openserctl moni
> ERROR: Error opening OpenSER's FIFO /tmp/openser_fifo
> ERROR: Make sure you have line 'fifo=/tmp/openser_fifo' in your config

The error messages should be easy to understand. Just add the appropriate fifo
configuration to you config file. Look at the example openser.cfg in the
source or in the openser wiki for the configuration syntax.

> Also I am not able to add users ,
>
> [root at mkd149633 scripts]# openserctl add wipro1 wipro1
> wipro1 at presence.mkd149633.wipro.com This command requires a database engine
> - none was loaded

Make sure that you load a database engine, e.g. mysql. :-) You find the syntax
to do this again in the example config file. You can use the
openser_mysqldb.sh script to setup the necessary tables.

Henning