[Users] question about the openserctl ping command

Papadopoulos Georgios geop at altectelecoms.gr
Thu May 24 09:24:22 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am using the openserct ping command to periodically check whether
openser is working properly (If there is a better way to do this, please
let me know). My script looks like this:

SIP_URI="sip:213.5.xxx.xxx:5060"
OPENSER_DIR=/root/openser
TMP_FILE=/tmp/openser_ping.result
$OPENSER_DIR/bin/openserctl ping $SIP_URI > $TMP_FILE 2>&1

Sometimes in TMP_FILE I see the following type of message:
mkfifo: cannot create fifo `/tmp/openser_receiver_26907': File exists
anaconda-ks.cfg install.log install.log.syslog mbox openser ERROR: error
opening read fifo /tmp/openser_receiver_26907

At the same time openser seems to be working fine, however because the
script gets this error, it restarts the server (the idea is that if ping
fails then restart). Any idea why this is happening?

What is the best way to make sure openser is working properly? I am
assuming that a succesful ping only proves that one child is working
properly.

Thank you for any help

George

Disclaimer
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorized to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.