[Users] Proxy/Registrar and NAT

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Tue May 1 18:21:10 CEST 2007

Hello list members,

I'd like to use multiple proxies/registrars in a SRV managed
failover/load-balancing situation. For NAT purposes I could use a couple of
dedicated load-balancers with path support to store the NAT enabled route in
the location table. The registrars have a shared location table on a database
server. This situation works, but....

Is there a possibility to skip the load-balancers?

I want the proxy/registrar to store the NAT-route somehow in the location
table, so that when the contact needs to be contacted, the proxy can
determine if it can send the request itself, or it needs to forward it via
one of the other proxies (the one with which the contact has the NAT
relation).

I hope you understand the topology, otherwise I might need to create some
ascii-art.
--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann