[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] New search-page

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Mar 27 14:46:05 CEST 2007

Hello,

The page looks impressive, I also find it quite complex. I think what we
need is much more simple system which will allow to do us roughly the
following:

1) Lookup a function/parameter/select/rpc by name (and optionaly ser
   version you are interested in).
2) Generate alhpabetical lists of function. parameters, selects, rpcs
   for a given version.
3) Generate lists of functions, parameters, and selects grouped by
   modules.
4) Provide a PHP function which will take a function/parameter/select
   name and SER version and will return a link to the documentation
   page. Even better provide a drupal filter that will insert such
   links automatically in drupal pages.

The whole system should be probably written in PHP because we will need
to integrate it with drupal. Some sort of drupal integration (filters,
taxonomy) would be very useful too, because this would buy us great deal
of automatition.

In general, take a look at drupal, http://www.drupal.org and try to see
if there is any chance of integrating it with the system.

   Jan.