[Serusers] groups

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:18:34 CET 2007

In grp table you could associate users to groups and check it in the
config file with is_user_in() statement.
This way you would make different routing decissions based on the membership.

As guide:
if(is_user_in('international')){
                   //allow user to make itnernational calls
}
if(is_user_in('blocked')){
                  //user is blocked
                   xx_reply('503','Forbidden');
}

In version 2.0 (ottendorf) and further, now there are *attributes*,
which can be associated to the whole installation, to the different
domains the installation is responsible for, for the users, and for
the uri the user can have.
This attributes are stored in the database in different tables
(global_attr,domain_att,user_attr,uri_attr) and can be loaded with
load_attributes function. This way you can create an attribute used in
user_attr table named group and with the value of the older grp table.
That's the reason group module is not needed anymore.

Further information can be found in iptel.org...

Samuel.