[Serusers] Call forwarding

sip sip at infinideas.com
Tue Mar 20 20:35:52 CET 2007

If you pay attention to the SIP packets, you'll see that the SIP To: header doesn't change even through the URI might.  What we do is keep track of anyone who has call forwarding turned on, and if that's the case, we forward the calls to a DIFFERENT AGI on the Asterisk box. That AGI takes into account the incoming SIP To: header and ensures that billing is charged to the SIP To: user.

For instance, if you call 6363 at yourserver.com  and 6363 overwrites the RURI to 004428364825, then looking at the SIP To: header, you'll still see that the call went to 6363.  You can then bill to the appropriate user.

Is it a foolproof scenario? Probably not, but it hasn't broken yet, and we don't have to put the onus on the UA.

N.

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:15:34 -0800, Ali Zaidi wrote