[Serusers] heartbeat-SER problem

aespinoza at vivophone.com aespinoza at vivophone.com
Tue Mar 13 22:53:33 CET 2007

Hello EVERYONE

I have a heartbeat cluster that manages a ser running on two machines.
I have SUSE 10.1 installed. My ha.cf files look like this

logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility     local0
keepalive 2
deadtime 10
warntime 10
initdead 20
udpport 694
baud    19200
bcast   eth1
ping    192.168.1.1
auto_failback on
node    linux-xczz
node    prueba2
respawn hacluster /usr/local/lib/heartbeat/ipfail

My haresources files look like this

linux-xczz 192.168.1.124/24 serctl

so "linux-xczz" is my master  and "prueba2" is my slave

the authkeys file is the same on both machines too with the right
permissions ( mod 600). The /etc/hosts files look like this

10.10.10.1      linux-xczz
10.10.10.2      prueba2

When I start heartbeat on both machines with /etc/init.d/heartbeat
start, SER  starts fine on the master(linux-xczz), but when I try to
stop heartbeat to force a failover to the slave node (prueba2),
linux-xczz (master) doesn't give up the resource (SER) so It just
stays there trying to stop SER before giving up the virtual IP to the
other node (prueba2).   Since heartbeat can't stop SER, the failover
never occurs.  This is the log I get  from /var/log/ha-log when I try
to stop the master

  heartbeat[31537]: 2007/03/13_16:15:48 WARN: Shutdown delayed until
current resource activity finishes.

Can heartbeat stop SER with the configuration I have?
any idea what I'm doing wrong?..................... Alex