[Serusers] Re: [Users] No rtpproxy when clients are behind the same nat

Ladislav Andel ladaan at iptel.org
Tue Mar 6 23:53:00 CET 2007

Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:
> Hi Lada
>
> I found your document about optimizing RTP proxy really useful!
> thanks a lot.

thanks :)
> my comment is that storing preferences per user about the network
> topology is not very scalable.
Could you describe this in more details?
User can define the name of his realm and other described features at
his user preferences in Serweb.
It is on my todo list for next revision to describe the way of
configuring serweb where user will be able define those AVPs.
They are stored through attr_types table in SER DB.
> Also the user preference is stored
> per user account, and not per location. you might have one user
> with two UAs, one behind NAT and the other on the public internet

This is a quite problem how to distinguish two SIP phones at different
network location.
I have focused on this before and couldn't find the way of separating 2
SIP phones with the same username.
If someone has a suggestion, it is more then welcomed and I will be
happy to include it in the document.

> also can I ask that you update the sample ser.cfg to be more
> aligned to the default ser.cfg from CVS, with the same named
> routes etc? I found it very hard to "port" the RTPproxy ser.cfg
> into the default ser.cfg ..
>
> thanks!

This is also in the todo list and currently I'm updating the document.

Lada