[Serusers] Error Message

Barton Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Sat Mar 3 02:16:54 CET 2007

A bit confused by startup message:

0(16102) ERROR: shm_mem_init: could not attach shared memory segment: No
space left on device
0(16102) could not initialize shared memory pool, exiting... Too much
shared memory demanded: 33554432

I found prior message to upgrade Kernel to 2.4 - currently I'm on
2.6.8-022stab076.1-enterprise
At another place it said to recompile ser with SYSV shm instead of mmap
(remove -DSHM_MMAP from Makefile.defs) <= This I'm not sure exactly how
/ what to change in Makefile.def.
And yet another regarding no PTR <= I've contracted ISP regarding this,
but was hoping to bypass - I was hoping there was some temporary fix for
this until they act?

I'm running SER 0.9.6

Thanks for any assistance.

Bart