[Serusers] how to log unauthorized attemp with clear password

Fabio Macchi f.macchi at keeptelecom.com
Thu Mar 1 15:01:49 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm using ser-0.9.7 with mysql authentication.

This is the INVITE handling section of my ser.cfg

        # -----------------------------------------------------------------

        # INVITE Message Handler

        # -----------------------------------------------------------------

        if (nat_uac_test("19")) {

                setflag(6);

        }

        if (!allow_trusted()) {

                if (!proxy_authorize("sip.keeptelecom.com","subscriber")) {

                        proxy_challenge("sip.keeptelecom.com","0");

                        break;

                } else if (!check_from()) {

                        sl_send_reply("403", "Use From=ID");

                        break;

                };

                consume_credentials();

        };

        # ------    Logging calls after succesfully auth   -----------

        if (isflagset(6)) {

                xlog("L_INFO", "<%is> CH <%ct> R-URI <%ru> autenticato: NAT
detected\n");

        } else {

                xlog("L_INFO", "<%is> CH <%ct> R-URI <%ru> autenticato: no
NAT detected\n");

        }

As you cas see, I've added just after authentication section some lines to
log every succesfully authenticated attemp to make a call, with NAT
detection info.

I'd like, in the same way, add a single line to log every wrong user or
wrong password attempt.

My question is: which is the correct place to set this in the configuration
file ?

My first idea was to place xlog instruction just inside the
if(!proxy_authorize){ . , but this produces multiple line in log, because in
a call first invite is sent without proxy_authorization section.

Is there a way, with xlog, to show the client sent password in clear for an
easy troubleshoot ?

Many thanks for any suggestion.

Fabio