[Serusers] RTPProxy codecs?

Valentin Nechayev netch at portaone.com
Thu Mar 1 09:14:50 CET 2007

 Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 12:48:14, andrey.kouprianov wrote about "[Serusers] RTPProxy codecs?":

> It just struck me. Does RTPProxy operate only with certain codecs or
> does it proxy RTP regardless the codec? I was just compiling RTPProxy
> code from CVS and saw this

Rtpproxy _relaying_ of UDP streams is totally unaware of codecs
and even of RTP - you can relay even DNS.:)

Rtpproxy generating of stream from file (on command 'play') knows 5 codecs
(G.711a/u, G.723.1, G.729, GSM). But really this knowledge is two
digits - minimal payload frame size and its according length in
time (e.g. G.711 - 8 bytes per 1 ms, G.729 - 10 bytes per 10 ms).

makeann is really auxiliary tool which converts signed linear to
G.711 and licensed codecs. If you use own converter or don't bore
at all on multiple codecs, you can simply ignore it.

--
Valentin Nechayev
PortaOne Inc., Software Engineer
mailto:netch at portaone.com