[Users] Re: [Business] Re: [Devel] OpenSER v1.2.0 released

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:19:58 CEST 2007

On 3/30/07, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Cesc writes:
>
>  > For one, in my company, we run
>  > embedded linux AND windows embedded ... but we cannot have the same
>  > proxy on both platforms, so  you have to support two software units
>  > ... that is work!
>
> why don't you ask your windows software to be ported to linux?  then you
> would have only one platform to worry about.
>
> -- juha

:)
yes, i know, there is always two faces to a story ...

Look, the "my-work" example was just to show that being flexible and
open is not bad ... of course it takes more effort; this is like all
in life, pros and cons.

Basically, going back to the origins of this thread: I think we should
not bluntly discard new building ways just because one of the outcomes
may be a windows-based openser. Now, if all the porting needed can be
done with the current makefiles ... ok then.

Cesc