[Users] out of memory

Papadopoulos Georgios geop at altectelecoms.gr
Wed Mar 28 09:22:31 CEST 2007

Hello,

Lately our OpenSER 1.1.1 is running out of memory and I get the
following message
 4(25190) get_hdr_field: out of memory
The result is that it stops processing any incoming request. This is a
production system and of course it causes a great deal of frustration.

The last time this happened I got the following statistics before
restarting
> ./openserctl fifo get_statistics
Total statistics = 37
Total modules = 5
Module name = core; statistics=8
core:rcv_requests = 3259334
core:rcv_replies = 8816
core:fwd_requests = 736
core:fwd_replies = 137
core:drop_requests = 743
core:drop_replies = 0
core:err_requests = 0
core:err_replies = 43
Module name = shmem; statistics=6
shmem:total_size = 268435456
shmem:used_size = 1675864
shmem:real_used_size = 1835104
shmem:max_used_size = 4399048
shmem:free_size = 266600352
shmem:fragments = 17710
Module name = sl; statistics=9
sl:1xx_replies = 0
sl:2xx_replies = 1690410
sl:3xx_replies = 43
sl:4xx_replies = 334827
sl:5xx_replies = 1185629
sl:6xx_replies = 0
sl:sent_replies = 3210909
sl:sent_err_replies = 0
sl:received_ACKs = 743
Module name = tm; statistics=11
tm:received_replies = 8636
tm:relayed_replies = 7096
tm:local_replies = 1718
tm:UAS_transactions = 7003
tm:UAC_transactions = 94
tm:2xx_transactions = 1528
tm:3xx_transactions = 3
tm:4xx_transactions = 5129
tm:5xx_transactions = 468
tm:6xx_transactions = 0
tm:inuse_transactions = 0
Module name = usrloc; statistics=3
usrloc:location-users = 0
usrloc:location-contacts = 0
usrloc:location-expires = 7282

I am not sure how to read these numbers but I see a big "free_size" and
still OpenSER is out of memory. Any suggestions?

thank you

George

Disclaimer
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorized to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.