[Users] Not able to access avp variables in reply route

Mon Mar 26 15:32:58 CEST 2007

Asterisk Expert wrote:
> I thought one call is one transaction isn't it?

No.

A transaction is a request till the final response, e.g. INVITE-200 OK.
or OPTIONS-200 Ok.

In SIP terminology a call is named "dialog". A dilaog consists of
multiple transaction. The first transaction is the "dialog creating
transaction" (e.g. INVITE) and the last transaction in this dialog is
the "dialog terminating transcation" e.g. BYE.

Thus, INVITE and BYE are seperate transactions which belong to the same
dialog.

Openser is transaction statefull, but not dialog statefull.

regards
klaus