[Users] config file syntax

Scott Yagel syagel at packetcall.net
Wed Mar 21 22:43:57 CET 2007

Thanks, Klaus.

Scott Yagel
PacketCall, Inc.
syagel at packetcall.net

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:43 AM
To: syagel at packetcall.net
Cc: daniel at voice-system.ro; 'users openser.org'
Subject: Re: [Users] config file syntax

Scott Yagel wrote:
> I'm still looking for some help in understanding the syntax used in the
cfg
> files, such as what the following statement fragment really is doing:
>
> if(uri =~"^sip:[0-9]{10}@")

uri is the request URI of the request, e.g:
INVITE sip:syagel at packetcall.net SIP/2.0
then uri would be "sip:syagel at packetcall.net"

=~ means regular expression comparison, thus the following regular
expression will be applied and if it matches the if condition returns
TRUE, otherwise false.

^sip:[0-9]{10}@
this is the regular expression. The uri must start (^) with "sip:". Then
there must be 10 digits followed by an "@". In short: the username must
be a 10 digit phone number.

regards
klaus