[Users] ACK ACK ACK

Wed Mar 14 08:27:39 CET 2007

Hi Mark!

I guess you are forwarding the INVITE to the gateway using t_relay.
Thus, you forward statefully by creating a transaction inside openser's
tm module. Thus, for the transaction to complete, the tm module also has
to see the ACK. Thus, you have to t_relay the ACK too.

regards
klaus

Mark Kent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's been a little while since I last posted, but this
> will look familiar to those who remember:
>
> The scenario is this:
>
>  Phone sends openser an invite, which tries to set things up with the
>  PSTN gateway, which is unresponsive(*), and so it sends back to the
>  Phone:
>
>  SIP/2.0 503 Service not available
>
>  and the Phone sends back an ACK.
>
> What should I do with that ACK?
>
> One possibility is to do nothing, another possibility is
> to t_relay() it.
>
> What suprised me was that when I do nothing then another
> "SIP/2.0 503 Service not available"
> message is automagically sent to the Phone.
> So, that can't be the right thing to do.
>
> Meanwhile, when I t_relay() it then things usually work.
> But this doesn't seem like the right thing to do, since the
> ACK is meant for the very box on which I'm doing the t_relay().
>
> So, what's the story?
>
> Thanks,
> -mark
>
> (*)don't worry about why the PSTN gateway is unresponsive.

Klaus Darilion
nic.at