[Users] RTPproxy problem

raviprakash sunkara sunkara.raviprakash.feb14 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:08:41 CET 2007

Hello  Pereira,

On 3/14/07, Joao Pereira <joao.pereira at fccn.pt> wrote:

> Hellos
> I whant to run RTPproxy separatly from my SIP router, so I tried to run
> it like this:
>
> [root at vox rtpproxy-0.3]# rtpproxy -s udp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:22222

Above one should be  the ,where the rtp procy  runnning System ,
if that System is inside the NAT , u need to forward the Port

And the rtpproxy also shold run their  itself

rtpproxy: explicit binding address has to be specified in UDP command mode
> [root at vox rtpproxy-0.3]# rtpproxy -l xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: -s
> udp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx::22222
>

> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: = my IP
>
> But when I run openSER, this happens
>

> 9(15400) WARNING: rtpp_test: support for RTP proxy has been disabled
> temporarily
> 11(15407) ERROR: send_rtpp_command: can't connect to RTP proxy
>
> I already tried with
> modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "unix:/var/run/rtpproxy.sock")
>
> and with

Use below one

modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:22222")

But it always says: send_rtpp_command: can't connect to RTP proxy

THis means openSER is not communicated with RTP proxy with that IP,

Whats the problem?
> Im using this configuration in sip.conf:
> http://siprouter.onsip.org/doc/gettingstarted/ch08s02.html
>

> Regards
> Joao Pereira

Thanks and Regards