[Users] OpenSER dies when MySQL is unreachable???

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Mar 12 18:06:44 CET 2007

Am Montag, 12. März 2007 17:15 schrieb Daryl Sanders:
> Another thought is to add the option for a failover DB connection to
> OpenSER, so if one connection times out, another DB can be queried. I
> know this can already be solved with DB HA but it would be nice to
> have the ability to use multiple data sources for auth info,
> especially since this data does not change as frequently.

We're using a somewhat similar setup for the saving of user location data. The
usrloc data is distributed across several databases, you could also provide a
spare database for better reliability. But the main reason for the
implementation of this functionality was the better scalability.
This solution is quite complex, so the management of a HA database should be
the easiest way to solve your problem.

Regards,

Henning