[Users] OpenSER dies when MySQL is unreachable???

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 12 16:42:47 CET 2007

On 03/12/07 17:39, Daryl Sanders wrote:
> On 3/12/07, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
>> Hi Daryl,
>>
>> mysql module should be able to reconnect to mysql server....if this is
>> not what it happens, use full debug mode and get the log will triggering
>> a new DB query (after a mysqld restart).
>>
>> regards,
>> bogdan
>
> No, that part works fine. I was just hoping for a solution where
> subscriber authentication info was stored in memory. That way users
> could still place calls even if the MySQL server became unreachable.
if they place calls and you cannot record to acc, then you lose money
:-). But think you want to afford that rather than service unavailable
... Maybe for future a function to detect if sql server is connect or
not would help, or, maybe better, the auth functions will return a
special code to signal that failed to connect to database and let the
admin handle that in script.