[Users] OpenSER dies when MySQL is unreachable???

Daryl Sanders daryl.sanders at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:07:39 CET 2007

> Daryl Sanders wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I just installed OpenSER w/MySQL and noticed that whenever MySQL
> > became unavailable I could no longer place calls. Is this the correct
> > behavior? I thought OpenSER's in-memory database would still allow new
> > calls to go through.
> >

> It depends for what you use the mysql DB. Location lookup will works
> also without DB as they are cached, but user authentication, group
> checking, loading user preferences require a running database.
>
> regards
> klaus

Is there any way to cache authentication info in memory? If OpenSER
cannot do this, do you know if SER has this ability? I'm only
concerned with registrations and authentication right now. I don't
need features or user preference from a DB.

I really just want my SER/OpenSER system to be able to survive a MySQL failure.
I'm totally open to other suggestion or possibilities as well.

- Daryl