[Serusers] Quick resend of INVITEs

Stephen Helfen steve_helfen at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:17:34 CEST 2007

Nope...not in this case.  Here, the originating UA sends one INVITE.  My SER is sending the multiple INVITEs before it even receives a 100 Trying from the far end.  It does not happen on every call...there seems to be no pattern as to when it does happen.Thanks.SteveDate: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:35:36 +0200From: greger at teigre.comTo: steve_helfen at hotmail.comCC: serusers at iptel.orgSubject: Re: [Serusers] Quick resend of INVITEs

The originating UA may be where to look.
g-)

Stephen Helfen wrote:

  Sometimes my ser proxy resends an
INVITE 67 milliseconds after the original INVITE without receiving any
response from the recipient.  Essentially, what would normally be a 1
second timer for a resend is vastly shortened with no real
explanation.  If there is a Trixbox at the other end, the conversation
results in a dropped call as the Trixbox continues to send repeated 200
Oks, but does not acknowledge the ACKs to those messages.

The Asterix supposedly has a fix for this issue that is not included in
the Trixbox.

What I am trying to determine, though, is WHY the double invites are
sent in the first place.

Thanks,
Steve

  Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event
- only on MSN. Check it out!