[Serusers] Ser + Windows NAT

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:23:23 CEST 2007

inline...

2007/6/12, Thomas Britis <thomas at tcnet.com.br>:

> Hi all,
>
>         I'm getting a problem when a user behind a windows gateway (NATed
> client) connects to my ser box.
>         I think this was already discussed here but I didn't find anything
> on
> the logs.
>
>         The problem is with the '407 Proxy Authentication Required' signal
> that
> never reaches the client.
>
>         Here is the scenario:
> 1- The user sends the INVITE from a higher port to the SIP server.
> It looks like this:
> User:63040 -> SER:5060
>
> 2- SER responds with a 407 Proxy Authentication Required on the client's
> local sip port:
> SER:5060 -> User:5060

Shouldn't SER send 407 to port 63040?? Which config file are you using?? In
the onsip/getting started examples, authentication is done before NAT check
and the challenge is not directed to the right port.

If you provide the auth+INVITE section of your config file, we might try to
point wihch are the required changes..

        At this point, I think windows drops the package because it don't
> refer
> to any entry at the NAT table, but I'm not sure about that.

Most  routers will do that, not only windows...the first and probably not
last time I don't blame exclusively w$ ;)

Samuel.

        I want to know if there's a solution to this 'problem'.