[Serusers] Ser + Windows NAT

Thomas Britis thomas at tcnet.com.br
Tue Jun 12 20:18:47 CEST 2007

Hi all,

	I'm getting a problem when a user behind a windows gateway (NATed
client) connects to my ser box.
	I think this was already discussed here but I didn't find anything on
the logs.

	The problem is with the '407 Proxy Authentication Required' signal that
never reaches the client.

	Here is the scenario:
1- The user sends the INVITE from a higher port to the SIP server.
It looks like this:
User:63040 -> SER:5060

2- SER responds with a 407 Proxy Authentication Required on the client's
local sip port:
SER:5060 -> User:5060

	At this point, I think windows drops the package because it don't refer
to any entry at the NAT table, but I'm not sure about that.

	I want to know if there's a solution to this 'problem'.

	Thank you all.
--
Thomas Storino Britis
TCNet Informatica e Telecomunicacoes LTDA