[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] SER Users and Developers Meeting in Prague, March, colocated with the IETF

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Feb 23 20:26:32 CET 2007

Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:
> Hi
>
> for the SER meeting I would like to propose two items on the agenda:
>

> * Migrate from CVS to Subversion.
>
>   Subversion gives us many advantages such as history on directories
>   and atomic commits. Atomic changesets can be reviewed as one diff
>   and applied to any branch, if needed. All changes should also be
>   sent to -dev list (as today) but perhaps also include the full
>   changeset, this makes the change more visible, easier for offline
>   viewing and hopefully more eyeballs will spot potential bugs.
>   I am sure there are many developers here on the list who have
>   good experience with Subversion.

  I started the discussion on serdev mailing list some time ago and it
  turned out that we were not able to get into any agreement regarding
  version control system changes. From some private discussions I
  understood that vast majority of people wanted to switch over to svn,
  but in a public poll the situation was a bit different.

> * SER config reload
>
>   It would be nice to add the possibility of reloading the config file
>   without shutting down SER. Consider an instance of SER with 10000
>   active TCP connections to 10000 useragents. The TCP connections are
>   maintained by the TCP processes, and if we had "ser reload" it would
>   have been possible to reload the config file and keep the TCP
>   processes running. Now, if this is feasible at all I do not know
>   but it certainly would have been a great feature to have ;)

  I think Andrei already replied this.

    Jan.