[Serusers] Can SER do this?

David Good dgood at willingminds.com
Thu Feb 8 23:10:54 CET 2007

I have a problem that I *think* SER can help with, but looking through the docs
and samples, I don't see anything quite like what I need to do.

Here's my situation:

I have an Asterisk box setup internally with a few PSTN trunks.  We have
another box in a colo that we're using to communicate to a SIP trunk from
bandwidth.com.  Currently we have Asterisk running there, too.

What we want to do is:

    * Have all outbound calls from Asterisk go to the SIP trunk at the colo.
      We have this working now using Asterisk at the colo.

    * Have all incoming calls from the SIP trunk (it has several DID numbers)
      be routed to the internal Asterisk box just like the existing PSTN
      trunks.  I haven't been able to get this part working using Asterisk
      (which is why I'm looking at SER now)

There is NAT involved between the colo server and bandwidth.com.

Is this possible?